Friends! Thanksgiving is just around the corner. In this season, we want to express our gratitude for YOU and for the whole Nourish to Flourish Society. It's definitely been magical and amazing since we launched just 17 months ago. We've supported over 800 women and their families in our Reset and Calm Your Cravings programs! We've witnessed them discover life-giving ways to nourish themselves from the inside out - mind, body and spirit - and support each other in the most beautiful ways. And for you, our blogging community, thank you for being a part of our online world.
And thanks to Chef Jackie White of Prep Like a Chef, you've got 5 delicious ways to enjoy any leftover turkey:
1. Save those bones! Bone stock is super easy to make (we promise!) and it's loaded with easy-to-digest nutrients your whole body loves. We actually consider it a true Nourish to Flourish food that you want to savor as often as possible. If you've never made it before, no worries, we've got you covered. Use our Chicken Stock recipe and just substitute the bones from your turkey. (and if someone else is roasting the turkey and isn't going to use those bones, ask if you can have them...seriously!). Jill has been borrowing her friend's huge lobster pot for years to make gobs of bone broth from her 20+ pound turkeys.
Speaking of turkeys...a big shout out of gratitude to Jill's friends at Crane Dance Farm and Angelle's farmers at Creswick Farms for their dedication and tireless efforts to raise animals in loving healthy ways, outdoors on pasture. Animal farming is a crazy business. If you have an opportunity to support small local farms, especially small pasture raised organic farms, please do it. They need our support. If you live in Jill's neck of the woods, go find Crane Dance Farm at the Holland Farmers' Market this weekend and support their farm by enjoying one of their pasture-raised organic turkeys this year They also have grass fed beef, lamb and heirloom pork! Creswick Farms also on the west side of Michigan has pastured turkey, chicken, eggs, beef and lots of delicious sausages and they make the drive to Southeast Michigan once a month too.
2. Feeling like a lighter, chilled salad? Make this seriously delicious Turkey Quinoa Pecan Salad.
3. Want dairy-free comfort food? This Turkey Cobbler is sure to be a hit.
4. How about a big leafy green salad to lighten up and get in lots of greens? Try this Poppy Seed Dressing recipe with greens, turkey and any veggies you love.
5. Feeling like spicing it up a bit? This Fajita Seasoning will do the trick. You can rub or sprinkle it directly on your cooked turkey and make fajita lettuce wraps.
We hope you nourish your body and spirit this season in ways that cultivate even more gratitude in your life.
Mark your calendar now because our 14-Day Winter Reset is just around the corner. Session One begins January 14 and Session Two begins February 4. Doors to register for either session will open December 7 so grab your friends and join us!
"Before I started this reset I was struggling with irritability and weight gain. I was always told frequent low-calorie, low-fat meals were the best way to go for long term weight loss. That method never worked for me. It led to crazy cravings and all-day snacking, which in turn allowed the weight to slowly creep up on me. I started an exercise regimen, but could never get a handle on the eating portion of it all. This 14-day Reset was just what I needed to get motivated. This course was so different than everything I've been taught over the years and it was exactly what my body needed. During these past two weeks I was eating more, not feeling hungry and still losing weight. Friends and family noticed an improvement in my appearance and mood within days. It's truly amazing how quickly the body responds to healthy changes. I am very grateful to have been able to experience this program with Jill, Angelle and all the wonderful ladies that were part of this reset. I will use so many of the things I learned in this program to continue to make better choices for myself and my family. Thank you." Lisa K.
“How much weight loss did I experience by the end of the 14 days? 7 pounds. I hesitated to get on the scale because as time goes on I am feeling less desire to know my weight and more desire to be happy with the way I look and feel. You have helped me to switch my thinking! Thank you!!!” Esther
Before the 14 Day Reset, I was an emotional eater and craved carbs, sugar, and diet soda. During the Reset all of my cravings went away and I learned so much about why I have the cravings I have. I also lost 14 pounds. My entire relationship with food has changed and I have a much healthier perspective of my body, and food in general. Tonya G
"I knew I needed a change...a new relationship with food. I was in a trap of mindlessly eating whatever sounded good and whatever was easy. The Reset showed me how to make myself a priority and feed my body with life-giving nutrients. I'm not going to lie, it was very hard for me in the beginning but as the days continued I started seeing changes in my body and my mind. My insides feel alive and supported which I haven't ever really felt and my mindset has changed in how I view food. Food is a tool for healing. Now that the hard work is behind me, I want to continue loving myself in this way because I feel good. The name Nourish to Flourish is exactly what the Reset does."