These little power protein balls are loaded with nutrition and will certainly satisfy Miss Sweet Tooth when she comes knocking' on your door. The protein comes from grass-fed collagen which is filled with easy-to-digest amino acids, aka protein building blocks. It offers lots of benefits like supporting connective tissue including your skin. Can you say yes to fewer wrinkles and cellulite? Yes, please!
While supporting healthy skin, it also helps with joint and bone health as well as digestion and healing a leaky gut which is often a root cause for many different symptoms.
Don't you love that you can eat something sweet and yummy and have it be healthy too?!
Power Protein Balls
Recipe by Angelle Batten
- 1 cup raw pecans, almonds or other raw nuts, finely chopped (you can combine different types of raw nuts
- 2 cups dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (or my favorite MCT oil, Bulletproof Brain Octane)
- 1/4 cup collagen from grass-fed cows
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. unrefined sea salt (Redmond REAL Salt is my go-to brand.)
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- Optional Boosts: (raw cacao powder, finely shredded coconut)
Pulse nuts in food processor or high powered blender until ground as finely as you would like.
Add remaining ingredients and pulse until small chunks form. You may need to stop and scrape sides a few times. Alternatively you can pulse nuts and dates separately and then pulse all the ingredients together or mix in a bowl.
Form into small balls and refrigerate or freeze.
And of course, our favorite part: SIT and SAVOR.
On a different note, how's week 3 of the Summer Lovin’ Challenge going for you??
Want in? Sign up for the Summer Lovin' Challenge today and snag yourself a copy of our free eGuide: 7 Ways to Nourish Your Life Every Day + 7 Recipes You'll Love.